• internationale Kfz-Versicherung und Grenzversicherung für Europa
  • internationale Kfz-Versicherung und Grenzversicherung für Europa
  • internationale Kfz-Versicherung und Grenzversicherung für Europa
  • internationale Kfz-Versicherung und Grenzversicherung für Europa

Well-insured through Europe!

International motor insurance and frontier insurance for travelling with your own motorcycle through Europe

Are you from a non-European country and do you need international motor insurance and frontier insurance for your own motorcycle to travel through Europe?

The number of overseas tourists who want to travel through Europe on their own motorcycle is growing. European countries offer cultural diversity, wonderful panoramas and cities with a long history. Many visitors from the USA start out on a time travel in search of traces of their ancestors.

No matter if you prefer crossing the Alps or enjoying the wonderful coastal roads of Southern France; there are more than enough challenging distances as well as calm routes in Europe to explore on your motorcycle.
TourInsure offers international motor insurance and frontier insurance providing the best coverage for your motorcycle. Our insurance coverage applies in every European state – from Norway to Portugal, from England to Poland. Take out your insurance for your own motorcycle via TourInsure and we will send you your insurance policy prior to your departure.

Exception: You buy your motorcycle in Europe and then continue traveling

If you buy a motorcycle in Europe, your motorcycle will be registered and insured in the respective country. You arrive, for example, in England and buy a motorcycle there. The motorcycle would have to be registered and insured in England, and only by the time your trip leads you from England to France you will need international motor insurance and frontier insurance. With international insurance, you can travel from France to Germany or any other country in Europe without having to worry about your insurance coverage again. TourInsure gladly customizes your insurance coverage according to your travel plans.

Motorcycle insurances from non-European countries are invalid in Europe

In Europe, insurance conditions are different to those of most other non-European countries. In the USA, for example, the driver, not the vehicle, is insured. In Europe, it is the other way round. In Europe, your motorcycle, not the driver, will be insured and every person of more than 21 years of age and with a valid driver’s license may drive the vehicle. Third party insurance for your motorcycle is mandatory. Third party insurance covers damages that you caused with your motorcycle to a third party or objects owned by a third party.

We recommend you also buy comprehensive insurance on top of third party insurance to cover possible damages on your own motorcycle. The amount of compensation and a possible deductible will be defined in the comprehensive insurance policy.

TourInsure is your expert for international motor and tourist insurances. We will provide your international insurance policy for your travels through Europe on your own motorcycle prior to your departure. Please download our application form and send it back to us filled out and signed. After receipt of the insurance premium (please see premium table attached to the application form) you will receive your insurance policy for your travels through Europe on your own motorcycle. For further important information about insurance coverage and the conditions for full comprehensive insurance coverage, please see our information sheets attached to the application form.

Green Card is valid for traveling from Germany into other EU member states

As an EU citizen, your insurer’s Green Card usually provides insurance coverage for your motorcycle when you travel to Austria, Spain or any other EU member state. This insurance coverage already includes every EU member state which means that you do not need additional international motor insurance for your motorcycle. When you travel to another country in Europe, for example Montenegro, please check in advance if your travel destination is stated on your Green Card. If this is not the case, please contact TourInsure.

application form


  • Please sign the credit card authorization form and send it back to us by fax or post only (not by email)!
  • Please find the address on the application form.